Analyze credit data and financial statements of individuals or firms to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit. Prepare credit reviews for use in decision making.
• Complete financial statement spreads, personal cash flow and global debt service analysis. Generate financial ratios to evaluate balance sheet strength and performance trends.
• Compare liquidity, leverage and profitability of borrowers to market trends and peer groups to determine risk.
• Prepare written analysis and assign risk rating on consumer loans and routine commercial transactions to determine the ability to service debt.
• Work collaboratively with sales and credit partners.
• Assess relationship quality and risk rating in conjunction with the annual loan review.
• Complete annual assessments of critical vendors.
• Continue to stay informed on Business Loan Policy and federal regulations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or equivalent education and related training.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Must have the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
• Proficient in spreadsheet, word-processing and database applications including Microsoft Office.
• 1 to 2 years of experience in financial statement analysis and commercial underwriting.
• Successful completion of a formalized credit program.