Support the lending process in establishing, through either appraisals or internal evaluations, a fair
market value for both residential and commercial properties.
- Responsible for timely ordering and tracking of appraisals in order to insure closing
deadlines are met.
- Conduct site visits and prepare internal evaluation reports for both residential and
commercial properties within the local market.
- Complete appraisal reviews and address and resolve issues with the appraiser as they arise.
- Provide guidance on matters relating to appraisal and evaluation requirements and federal
regulations to bank employees.
- Work collaboratively with sales and credit partners.
- Responsible for updating the Appraisal Procedures when necessary (at least annually).
- Continue to stay informed on bank procedures and federal regulations as they relate to
- Manage the approved appraiser list.
- Act as a resource for and assist in training bank employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience preferred in valuing and reviewing a variety of property types.
- Certified Commercial Real Property Appraiser.
- Knowledge of appraisal theory and understanding of the three approaches to market value
of real estate.
- Excellent judgment and independent decision making required.
- Detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- PC proficient including Microsoft Office.
- MAI certified.